Estimated reading time: 18 minutes
- What is CBD?
- Who uses CBD?
- General CBD statistics
- The Real CBD statistics
- General CBD statistics at a glance
- CBD sales statistics
- CBD Statistics By Method at a glance
- Which are the most popular CBD products?
- What is CBD used mostly for?
- Why do People use CBD?
- CBD for Sleep – General Statictics
- The Real CBD sleep statistics
- The Economic Impact of CBD
- How much do people spend per month on CBD?
- CBD for Pets statistics
- The future of CBD: What is next?
- Why choose The Real CBD?
- Key Statistics
- FAQ – CBD statistic
- The Real CBD full Product range
- News – CBD statistics
- Blogs and articles about CBD
Are you curious about CBD statistics and CBD’s growing popularity? Well, you are not alone. Many people are turning to CBD for its potential health benefits, and the statistics behind this natural remedy are quite fascinating. Here we will dive into CBD statistics in a casual, understandable manner, without overwhelming you with scientific jargon.
What is CBD?
First things first, let us break it down. CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is a compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. Unlike its cousin, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD does not get you high. Instead, it is known for its potential therapeutic effects.
The Growing Popularity of CBD
CBD has been gaining popularity over the past few years, and the numbers are impressive. Here are some key CBD statistics that shed light on this trend:
- Market Growth: The CBD market has been on a rapid rise, with projections estimating it to reach $20 billion by 2025. That is a significant increase from just a few years ago!
- User Demographics: CBD is not limited to a specific age group. People of all ages are using it, from millennials to baby boomers. It’s a versatile remedy that appeals to a broad audience.
- Health and Wellness: A major driving factor behind CBD’s popularity is its potential health benefits. From managing stress and anxiety to alleviating pain and improving sleep, many users have reported positive effects.
- Legalization: As CBD regulations evolve, more countries and states are legalizing its use. This has contributed to its widespread availability and acceptance.
Who uses CBD?
Understanding who uses CBD is crucial for businesses. Surprisingly, CBD appeals to a diverse demographic. A study shows that 40% of UK adults are interested in trying CBD products. Moreover, it is not just a young person’s game – even seniors are joining the CBD bandwagon for pain management and other health concerns.
It is not limited to a specific group or age. Here is a breakdown of who uses CBD.
These CBD statistics are based on our user stats:
Since 1 Feb 2019:
- 309,498 views on our survey
- 54,853 total responses
General CBD statistics
Young Adults: Many young adults, often referred to as millennials, use CBD products. They often turn to CBD for stress relief or to help with anxiety.
Middle-Aged Individuals: People in their 30s, 40s, and 50s also use CBD. They may use it to manage daily stress, improve sleep, or address common aches and pains that come with age.
Seniors: Even older adults, often known as baby boomers, have shown interest in CBD. They use it to alleviate joint discomfort, improve sleep, or manage health conditions.
Athletes: Some athletes use CBD to aid in muscle recovery and reduce exercise-induced inflammation.
People with Health Issues: Individuals dealing with specific health issues such as chronic pain, epilepsy, or even cancer-related symptoms have turned to CBD for potential relief.
Those Seeking Natural Remedies: People who prefer natural remedies over pharmaceuticals also opt for CBD. They appreciate its plant-based origin and potential therapeutic properties.
Wellness Enthusiasts: Wellness-minded individuals who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle may incorporate CBD into their routines as a supplement.
The Real CBD statistics
We have an ongoing CBD survey and the results of who uses CBD is apparent. 32% of our users are 41-55 year old and 28% are 56 -70 years old. This means that it is the “older” generations who are turning to CBD for various reasons.
In essence, CBD appeals to a broad audience, and its popularity continues to grow as more people discover its potential benefits. Whether you are a young adult, a middle-aged individual, a senior, an athlete, someone with health concerns, or simply someone interested in natural wellness, CBD may have something to offer you.
General CBD statistics at a glance
- One study found that using cannabis has a 30% rate of decline in pain in comparison to 26% that took a placebo alternative.
- 79% of respondents in a survey claimed to take CBD to help rid pain in the joints.
- 80% of kids clinically diagnosed with attention deficit disorder had a decrease in behavioral problems after trying CBD. Afterward, 62% of them claimed to notice their behavioral improvements themselves after doing it over seven months.
- In the countries where medical marijuana is legal, opiates were reduced in their consumption by over 20%.
- People with migraines have had their symptoms reduced by 55% after trying CBD.
CBD sales statistics
In recent years, CBD has emerged as a powerhouse in the wellness industry. However, what does the data say? A dive into CBD statistics reveals a growing trend that is hard to ignore. This surge reflects a growing awareness and acceptance of CBD’s potential benefits.
CBD Product Sales Statistics Over the past decade, the U.S. CBD market has seen exponential growth. In fact, CBD sales in 2014 reached $108 million, and by 2022, this figure soared to $1.9 billion, as reported by Statista.
However, inflation is affecting CBD sales in the U.S., with insights from global measurement and data analytics company NielsenIQ (NIQ) indicating a 10% decline in hemp-based CBD product sales from March 2022 to March 2023 nationwide.
CBD Statistics By Method at a glance
- About 50% of people consuming CBD have a preference for oils, balms, and gummies.
- 18% of CBD users prefer capsules and tablets to consume the product.
- Topical sprays are preferred by 18% of CBD users.
- Food is another popular choice of preference, with 17% of users consuming CBD-infused chocolates and brownies over other methods.
- CBD salts and bath bombs are favored by 9% of users.
- Skincare products containing CBD are preferred by 8% of people.
- CBD patches are relied upon by 8% of users, who favor them over other consumption methods.
- 40% of CBD users buy their products from local shops
- Retail stores are the favorite place for 34% of CBD users to make their purchases.
- 27% of CBD users buy their goods from various retailers online.
- There 13% of CBD users prioritize vaping products.
- Soap products are preferred by 12% of people that use CBD.
- CBD-infused drinks mixed with non-alcoholic substances are preferred by 11% of people.
Which are the most popular CBD products?
CBD for Wellness: Beyond the Hype
It is not just about numbers; it’s about why people turn to CBD. Many users report using CBD for anxiety, stress, and sleep issues. In a survey, 60% of CBD users cited stress and anxiety relief as their primary reason for use. This points to a broader trend in society’s approach to mental health and natural wellness solutions.
What is CBD used mostly for?
Here is a quick rundown of the most common uses:
- Stress and Anxiety Relief: Many people turn to CBD for its calming effects. They believe it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a part in regulating mood. This makes it a popular choice for those looking to ease anxiety and manage stress.
- Pain Management: For pain relief, especially in chronic pain conditions, many people use CBD. They consider its anti-inflammatory properties to be a key factor in its effectiveness.
- Sleep Aid: Struggling with sleep? Some people find that CBD helps. They use it to improve sleep quality, possibly by tackling underlying issues like anxiety or pain that can disrupt rest.
- Skin Care: In the world of skincare, CBD is emerging as a star. You’ll find it in creams and lotions, where people use it to soothe skin, reduce redness, and address problems like acne.
- General Wellness: For general health, many people incorporate CBD into their wellness routines, similar to how they take vitamins.
Why do People use CBD?
Reasons why people use CBD
Here is a graph from Gallup of why people are using CBD products
Reasons why people use The Real CBD
Our users are taking CBD mostly for pain and for anxiety/stress. Which is in line with the overall worldwide statistics.
What’s causing your pain?
Inflammation and autoimmune diseases stand out as significant contributor to pain in our world today. Understanding the complex relationship between inflammation, autoimmune diseases, and pain is crucial for effective management. By adopting a holistic approach that includes diet, exercise, stress management, and appropriate medical treatments, you can effectively manage pain and improve your quality of life.
60% of our clients looking for a natural solution to manage their pain are dealing with inflammation and autoimune diseases,
Which health issues are you dealing with?
Both anxiety and stress can have a range of physical effects on our bodies. When we’re stressed, our body releases hormones like cortisol and adrenaline, which is the body’s way of preparing to face a challenge. However, when these hormones are constantly elevated, it can lead to health issues like high blood pressure, heart disease, and a weakened immune system. Anxiety, similarly, can cause headaches, muscle tension, insomnia, and digestive problems.
60% of our clients looking for natural help, are dealing with daily stress and anxiety. They find help via our CBD and CBG procucts especially crafted for this.
Name your skin conditions treated successfully with CBD?
CBD could be a valuable addition to your skin care routine, especially if you’re dealing with inflammatory skin conditions, acne, or sensitive skin. Its natural, therapeutic properties offer a holistic approach to skin health,
CBD for athletes – how often do they train?
One of the primary reasons athletes turn to CBD is for pain management. Traditional pain relief methods, like NSAIDs and opioids, can have adverse side effects and addictive properties. CBD offers a natural alternative. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce muscle soreness and joint pain, common issues athletes face.
Recovery is crucial for any athlete, and CBD play a significant role in this process. Its anti-inflammatory effects can reduce muscle soreness and help the body recover more quickly from intense workouts or competitions. This quicker recovery can mean improved performance and less downtime.
CBD for Sleep – General Statictics
Recent years have seen a surge in the use of CBD products for various health concerns, with sleep disorders being a primary area of focus. The global rise in sleep-related issues has pushed people to seek alternatives to traditional sleep medications, which often come with undesirable side effects.
Prevalence of Sleep Disorders and CBD Usage
It’s estimated that up to 30% of the general population struggles with some form of sleep disruption. Among these individuals, a growing number are turning to CBD. A survey conducted by the Sleep Association reported that approximately 10% of people who use CBD do so primarily for sleep.
CBD’s Effectiveness in Promoting Sleep
Studies exploring the effectiveness of CBD in promoting sleep have yielded promising results. A large case series published in 2019 found that within the first month of CBD use, 79.2% of patients reported lower anxiety levels and 66.7% experienced better sleep.
The Real CBD sleep statistics
As you can see,most of our clients are sleeping badly most nights. We have crafted special products for sleeping troubles and have seen them work wonders for people with years of not being able to have a peaceful night.
The Economic Impact of CBD
The economic footprint of the CBD industry is noteworthy. With the U.S. market projected to reach $56 billion by 2028, the ripple effect on job creation and local economies is significant. This growth opens doors for entrepreneurs and investors alike, capitalizing on a market hungry for quality, natural products.
Forecast of the CBD market in the future
How much do people spend per month on CBD?
Despite challenging economic times, consumers continue to spend money on their preferred CBD products. According to 2020 research gathered by New Frontier Data, a data, analytics and business intelligence company, 29% of CBD consumers spend at least 50.00 per month on CBD, and 34- to 44-year-olds are the highest spenders when it comes to CBD products.
Being in the CBD market since 2017 we have noticed a big increase of amounts spent every month on health and wellness. Households across Europe are witnessing a notable shift in their monthly expenditures. Recent studies have highlighted an intriguing pattern: the average household is now spending approximately 110 Euro per month on The Real CBD products.
As our product range have increased from starting with 3 different CBD oils to our current (2024) 73 SKU numbers. This have of course also meant that we have more to offer and created a broader audience.
CBD for Pets statistics
Here’s an overview based on recent statistics and trends:
- Market Size and Growth: The CBD pet product market has seen substantial growth. In 2020, it generated sales worth $629 million, and this figure was forecasted to reach $1.1 billion by the end of 2026. This growth is driven by ongoing discussions about the potential benefits for pets and innovations in the industry.
- Usage Trends: The primary uses of CBD in pets include the treatment of joint pain and anxiety or stress. Joint pain accounted for over 20% of the market in 2022.
- Distribution Channels: E-commerce dominates the market, with more than 42% revenue share in 2022. This reflects the convenience and broad product availability offered by online shopping.
- Veterinarian Influence: Veterinarian advice plays a crucial role in the decision-making process for pet parents. In the U.S. in 2021, at least 70% of pet CBD purchasers talked to a vet about CBD use for their pets.
- Regulatory Landscape: The legal and regulatory environment continues to influence the market. Please check your local laws and regulations before you aquire any form of CBD for your pet.
These statistics and trends indicate a growing acceptance and interest in CBD for pets, driven by both consumer demand and ongoing discussions about its potential benefits. As the market evolves, it’s likely that we’ll see further growth and diversification in CBD products aimed at pet health and wellness
The future of CBD: What is next?
Looking ahead, the CBD market shows no signs of slowing down. Innovation in product development and a greater understanding of CBD’s benefits will continue to drive growth. As research unfolds, the potential for new applications in medicine and wellness is vast, opening new frontiers in this exciting industry.
Why choose The Real CBD?
- Trustworthy Information: We believe in providing you with accurate and up-to-date statistics and information on CBD.
- Expert Guidance: Our team of cannabis experts is here to answer your questions and provide free consultations.
- Full-Spectrum Insights: Discover the power of full-spectrum CBD and its healing properties.
- CBD Usage on the Rise: Learn how CBD is becoming a popular natural remedy.
- Health Benefits: Explore the various ailments that CBD may help with.
- User Testimonials: Real stories from real people who have experienced the benefits of CBD.
Get in Touch
Have questions or need personalized advice? Contact our friendly experts for a free consultation.
CBD and Personal Consultations
At The Real CBD, we believe in the power of CBD and its healing properties. We offer a range of trustworthy CBD products that are full-spectrum, meaning they contain a variety of cannabinoids from the Cannabis sativa plant.
However, we go beyond just providing products. We offer personal free consultations with our cannabis experts to help you find the right CBD solution for your needs. We understand that navigating the world of CBD can be overwhelming, and we are here to guide you in a 100% natural way.
In a world where natural remedies are gaining traction, CBD statistics speak volumes. The growth, user demographics, and potential benefits of CBD are undeniable. If you are considering giving CBD a try, rest assured that you are not alone, and there are resources like The Real CBD available to assist you on your journey to wellness.
Therefore, whether you are looking to manage stress, improve sleep, or address other health concerns, CBD might just be the solution you have been searching for. Embrace the natural power of CBD, and let the statistics guide you toward a healthier and happier life.
FAQ – CBD statistic
CBD is used by a diverse range of people, including young adults, middle-aged individuals, seniors, athletes, and those with health issues. Common reasons for use include stress relief, pain management, improving sleep, skincare, and general wellness.
The CBD market has seen exponential growth, with sales increasing from $108 million in 2014 to $1.9 billion in 2022. Despite recent economic challenges, the market is projected to continue growing, driven by ongoing product innovation and increasing consumer awareness of CBD’s potential benefits.
The most popular CBD products include CBD gummies, oils, capsules, and topical lotions. Gummies and higher strength oils are particularly in demand due to their ease of use and effectiveness.
While detailed sales volume statistics for CBD pet products as of April 2022 were not widely available, the market for these products is growing significantly. Popular CBD pet products include treats, oils, and capsules, primarily used for anxiety, pain relief, and general wellness in pets.