Is CBD oil for Cats safe?
The problem is that the CBD market is still relatively new and not yet well-regulated. It may be difficult for you to be sure of what you are buying. With regulated veterinary medications, veterinarians have accurate information regarding proper dosages, potential side effects, contraindications, toxicity levels and length of treatment. With CBD, there’s inconsistent information as well as whether the CBD oil in the product is even of good quality. Her are a few things to consider before you buy:
- Where is the Hemp from?
- Is it grown organically?
- How is it extracted? (Should be CO2 extracted)
- Is it Full Spectrum?
- Is it 3rd party lab tested?
- Does the website seem trustworthy?
- Can you find any reviews of the product?
- Test the customer service by writing to them asking questions
Once you have found a products that ticks all the boxes you can safely give it to your cat. Remember that CBD is 100% natural and there are no risk of overdose or toxicity.