Fish oil has been known for years as a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. Logical, because fatty fish is indeed super healthy for your brain, your heart and your blood vessels. But fatty fish is certainly not the only source of healthy fatty acids. What’s more, hempseed is a better, cheaper and vegetable source of omega 3.
1. What is omega 3?
Omega 3 fatty acids are several essential fatty acids that keep our cells supple. And since our body is made up of around 60 trillion cells, it is important to keep them as healthy as possible. After all, the better your cells function, the healthier you are.
3. The 5 main benefits of omega 3?
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Omega 3 increases the good HDL cholesterol which serves as a kind of cleaning agent for blood vessels. It also prevents blood clots (thrombosis) and lowers the blood pressure if it is too high.
- Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory. There is a link between taking extra omega 3 and inhibiting inflammation.
- Stronger bones and joints. Omega 3 improves the amount of calcium in the bones, reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Decrease in anxiety disorders and depression. Studies show that people who take in enough omega 3 are less likely to be anxious or depressed.
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Ageing goes hand in hand with a decrease in brain capacity and a higher risk of mental old age diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. The risk of this decreases due to a higher intake of omega 3.
5. Hemp seed oil
What many people do not know is that hempseed oil is a particularly rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. In addition, this vegetable source provides many other healthy nutrients and minerals such as iron, magnesium and calcium. Hempseed oil also contains omega 3 stearidonic acid (SDA), an essential fatty acid that the body converts into EPA fatty acid.
In addition to omega 3, hempseed oil is full of other essential fatty acids. It contains almost 85% of all the essential fatty acids you need. This makes hempseed oil the most complete source of essential fatty acids. Hempseed oil also contains much less saturated (bad) fatty acids and is more easily digested by the body.
That is not all. Hempseed oil also contains a lot of antioxidants, bioactive enzymes and the highest phenol content found in vegetable oils. Phenolic compounds from nature can reduce the risk of cancer, stop inflammation and fight free radicals. In addition, the oil has many vitamins and even almost all B vitamins.
No side effects
Finally, hemp seed oil is not only a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, but it also has the ideal omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. Omega 6 is also an essential fatty acid. Our body absorbs omega 3 and 6 fatty acids best when taken in a certain ratio. This ratio is 3:1. So three parts omega 6 and one part omega 3.
Hempseed oil has no side effects. Not only is it safer than fish oil, it is also safer for the environment. Hempseed oil does not require intensive fishing and it does not disturb ecosystems. Hemp plants are good for soil life and reduce greenhouse gases.
So do you want to easily add a good dose of health to your daily routine? Then get a bottle of hemp seed oil. It tastes deliciously nutty, contains no THC so you won’t get high from it, but it is very healthy!