Why is CBD oil so expensive? Many people ask themselves this question and that’s not surprising. There is also a good price tag attached to a bottle of CBD oil. CBD oil is becoming more and more popular, but there are people who don’t want to use it because of the price. That CBD oil is expensive, is a fact. But that is not without reason. In addition, the use of CBD can also ensure that certain costs will actually decrease. Curious about this? We are happy to explain!
Why are there so many different prices for the same CBD products?
There are a number of factors that determine the price of products that contain CBD:
The production process of CBD
This process is one of the main reasons why products containing CBD oil are expensive. The hemp plants have to be grown and then oil -or other products- can be made from them. This whole process from plant to product takes a lot of time, and certification and independent analyses must also be taken into account. This production process is very time-consuming, so there are already a lot of costs involved.
Why is the CBD oil production process so expensive? (VIDEO)
- Breeding high CBD strains. Producers have to breed just the right CBD-rich strain of hemp. Organic soil, special watering cycles in warm sunny places and manual labor all add to the cost.
- Extraction and Isolation. The extraction process required to isolate the CBD and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant takes a great deal of setup, as well as expensive equipment.
- Documentation. CBD oil is still a grey area within the pharmaceutical world. In order to get the proper documentation and certification, you must go through a whole chain of governmental instances. This is long and can be an expensive process.
- Laboratory Testing. CBD oil is tested extensively. These tests can cost a lot of money, because CBD oil is requested to be tested against a lot of different criteria, such as individual cannabinoid contents, terpenes present and many more.
The type of CBD oil
There are different types of CBD oil, such as CBD oil with CBD full spectrum extract or Isolate CBD oil. The difference between the two is that Full Spectrum CBD oil uses the whole plant. In Isolate CBD products only contain CBD, no other cannabinoids are present.
The percentage of CBD
There are different types of products with different quantities of CBD, this also plays a role in the price. The less CBD the product contains, the cheaper it will be. The most commonly used CBD oil is the oil with 5% CBD (10 ml). For this, you pay on average € 30, -. A bottle with 2.5% CBD is obviously lower in price. The higher the CBD percentage, the more expensive the product will be.
The quality of the product or brand
Not every brand has the same quality, and you pay for quality. Organic CBD is, therefore, more expensive than non-organic CBD. There are a number of brands that place the emphasis on quality. Unfortunately, there are also more and more brands that go along with the trend and offer CBD oil for a cheap price. However, this is often bad quality CBD and has only minimal CBD content which is not sufficient for most people. In the article where to buy CBD buy oil, tells you where you can best do this? We will explain this later.
CBD Oil prices: three rules of thumb
- Cheap CBD oils may not be very safe. They do not go through proper purifying and safety procedures to save on the manufacturing costs.
- Expensive CBD oils go through proper processing and manufacturing. They are sold using proper channels and are generally backed up by legal agreements. Proper tested CBD oils are better for medicinal purposes as it is guaranteed that no impurities can react with your body.
- In general – “You get what you pay for”.